The 2nd Key: Strategic Agility
and flexibility in the strategy, its
permanent economical, ecological and social adaption to constantly changing market
conditions and needs.
By constantly optimizing strategic Ambition (what do we want to achieve) and Intention (how do we want to achieve it), and hence deriving specific Initiatives (milestones, activities, measures), each of which is purposefully and consistently implemented by Evolving Project Management, strategic agility makes your company in its organizational development and adjustment faster, more flexible and efficient.
Companies that are strategically agile and flexible:
- make a better use of their strengths;
- seize opportunities earlier;
- overcome weaknesses more easily;
- take fewer unnecessary risks;
and thus build up quicker and in a more consistent way strong market positions and competitive advantages.
Ambition and Intention
The Ambition clarifies, what we want to achieve, especially:
- In which strategic business sectors (SBS) are we active?
- What do we want to achieve in these SBS?
- Which SBS (markets, sales channels, customer segments etc.) can or want we to open up yet?
- Which additional stages of added value do we want to cover?
- Which new business models do we want to implement?
The Intention clarifies, how we want to achieve our ambition, especially:
- What are our most important questions we need answers for?
- Where do our pain thresholds lie and what are the abort criteria?
- In what timeframe do we think?
- How do we prioritize our ambition?
- How do we finance our ambition?
At the heart of the matter is to recognize and determine where we want and are able to go and how much scope we have on our way there.
Initiatives – milestones, activities, measures – are the proven method to cross-organizationally change and optimize companies. The totality of all these initiatives is the corresponding portfolio. It has to:
- defend and extend the core business;
- explore and build-up new business sectors, markets, sales channels and customer segments;
- create viable options for the future;
- reduce, outsource or eliminate insufficiently profitable non-core competencies and businesses.
Basically, the portfolio of initiatives corresponds therefore to the corporate strategy. To manage this portfolio actively and dynamically within the sense of Ambition and Intention means thus to strategically manage, lead, optimize and further develop the company.
Evolving Project Management is the proven method to successfully implement initiatives. It leads to:
- quick results;
- minimum risk;
- clear abort criteria;
- continuous knowledge transfer;
- quick implementation.
Essentially, this term refers to bring initiatives quickly and risk-free to success or to break them off without great damage when it is foreseeable that they will not lead to the desired success.
Resulting Client Benefits
- You are strategically more agile, dynamic, flexible and efficient
- You are more adapted to constantly changing market conditions and the needs of your customers
- You leverage your strengths more effectively
- You seize opportunities sooner
- You overcome weaknesses more easily
- You take less unnecessary risks
- You create faster and more consistently strong market positions and competitive advantages